We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. You should know what personal data we collect, use and disclose, and understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
Who we are
La Difference Time Centre is a private, family-owned business, incorporated in the province of Ontario, with its mailing address as 180 Enterprise Boulevard, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1B3. For further information on La Difference Time Centre, please visit https://ladifference.ca
What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. It may include, but not limited to, the name, address and gender of an individual. We may collect personal data either directly from you (when you make a purchase in store) or indirectly from you (via our “Digital Platforms” such as electronic devices that interact with our websites, electronic forms or mobile applications.)
You may provide us with information:
- When you create an account online or in our stores;
- When you use our Digital Platforms;
- When you purchase items or services on our Digital Platforms or in our stores;
- When you visit our stores;
- When you participate in one of our events;
- When you contact our customer service.
Depending on what you provide us with, such information may include:
- Your identity (including your first name, last name, photo);
- Your contact details (including your postal address(es), email address(es), phone number(s));
- Your purchases and repairs (including purchase history, order details);
- Your preferences (including your size);
- Certain payment information (including billing information, payment type or method, or credit card number);
- Other information you may provide by filling out forms or by contacting us for virtual appointments (including your feedback, or other communications with us).
We will inform you when your information is required in order to process your request, to respond to your queries or to provide you with our purchase and services. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request, responding to your query or providing purchases or services to you.
We hope to ensure that the personal data we possess are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred. We also may ask you to update your information from time to time.
We recommend that you only provide the data requested or necessary for your query, and do not include any sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or data concerning personal health.
Information indirectly collected
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as a spouse who contacts us on your behalf or from your friends who provide us with your information in order to select the desired items for you or to invite you to our events you may be interested in.
We do not collect, directly or indirectly, personal data from persons under the age of 18, without prejudice to any local law setting a different minimum age. We therefore ask you not to provide us with personal data of persons who do not meet this requirement.
Information collection and how we use it
We collect and use your personal data based on one or many of the following legal basis:
- we have obtained your prior consent (for example, when we collect your information into our database or when you make a purchase or when you submit an inquiry). Please note that for this specific legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- we are permitted to collect, use or disclose your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy law; and
- we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Depending on the context, we may use your personal data in order to:
- provide you with the items or services you requested;
- conduct checks to identify you and verify your identity;
- send you Promotional Communications, with your prior consent;
- provide you after-sale services and manage refunds or exchanges;
- respond to your queries, suggestions and requests, including your data subjects’ rights exercises;
- manage complaints and litigation;
- manage the events you registered and/or participated in;
- to detect, prevent and fight against any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to protect your transactions from payment fraud, to act against counterfeiting and against the resale of our products in violation of our terms and conditions of sale and/or outside our distribution network
- protect you, employees and other individuals in our stores as well as our property;
- manage the stock of certain types of rare products to allow a fair allocation of the products we sell;
- monitor and improve our Digital Platforms;
- conduct statistical analysis, in particular to adapt our product offer (including the use of your nationality after anonymization);
- improve our products and services;
- respect our legal obligation, including providing information to regulatory bodies when legally required, in particular to comply with our legal obligations, prevention and the fight against fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Disclose and transfer of personal data
We may disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- We disclose your personal data to La Difference Time Centre employees that need to have access to your personal data and are authorized to process them in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes and who are committed to confidentiality.
For the specific purpose of combating payment fraud, your personal data are communicated to La Difference Time Centre in order to process your order and to fight against online payment methods fraud attempts. As part of our legitimate interest to fight against fraud with payment methods, La Difference Time Centre is responsible for the custody and control of your financial information for the purpose of payment fraud prevention, can transmit your financial information to an external service provider with a fraud detection tool in order to authenticate a payment. Such service provider is committed to confidentiality.
How we disclose information?
We may also disclose personal data to third-party providers to process and fulfill requests.
All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law. Such disclosures are made for different purposes including:
- IT development and support;
- Hosting and carrying out marketing and business studies and marketing campaigns;
- Verifying your information, authenticating payments and processing orders and payments, to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfilment services;
- Delivery services
- Data quality management services (standardization, deduplication of data to ensure relevant and consistent databases…)
These providers are committed to confidentiality and are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We also require them to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
Part of those service providers are located outside of your country. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data, including outside of Canada are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of Canada, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the requirements for the transfer of personal data outside Canada, such as appropriate safeguards for the protection of your personal data.
- We may be required by the binding requirements of an applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings). We may disclose such personal data as necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a person or entity who may be violating our Terms and Conditions of Services, or who may be causing injury to, or interfering with, other users of our Digital Platforms.
How do we protect your personal data?
All your personal data is strictly confidential and will only be accessible, on a need-to-know basis, to duly authorized personnel of La Difference Time Centre and other third-party providers acting on our behalf with appropriate physical, technical and organizational security safeguards.
La Difference Time Centre has implemented security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to prevent unauthorized access by third parties and to prevent your data being accidentally lost or deleted. We limit those who access your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We require those parties to whom we transfer your personal data to comply with the above security measures. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, we cannot ensure the security of your personal data transmitted by you to us via the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use, distribution, damage or destruction of your personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility under applicable law. Once we have received your personal data, we will use the security measures described above to safeguard such information.
The security of your personal data is important to us, so please contact us immediately should you become aware of any incident involving the loss or unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal data that is in our custody or control. You agree, at your own risk, to keep the username and password for your Digital Platform customer account confidential and never to disclose them to third parties. In case of loss, theft or unauthorized use of your username or password, you agree to immediately notify us using the contact information set out below.
What rights do you have to protect your personal data?
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data.
You have the right of access to a copy of your personal data. In certain limited and specific situations, we may not be able to provide access to all of your personal data, such as information that contains references to other individuals or information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. In those circumstances, we will provide you with the reason for denying such access, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
You have the right to require us to rectify any mistakes in your data or to complete your information. Depending upon the nature of the information challenged, amendment may involve the correction, deletion, or addition of information.
You have the right to require us to delete your personal data, in certain applicable situations.
You have the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data, in certain applicable circumstances.
You have the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain applicable situations.
You have the right to object the processing of your personal data at any time for direct marketing.
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may at any time decide to withdraw it. If your consent is withdrawn, it will not affect the processing of your personal data based on other legal bases, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic promotional message we send to you or by contacting us as set out below. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request. However, we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local privacy commissioner in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you will be requested to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information, for example a copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity, for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties. Such proof of identification will only be used for this purpose.
How to contact us
For any inquiries or issues relating to your account privacy, data processing, to withdraw your consent, to exercise your rights, or to ask general questions, please contact our La Difference Time Centre team:
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: 1-905-771-9111
- By mail: La Difference Time Centre, Downtown Markham, 180 Enterprise Boulevard, Unit 101, Markham, Ontario, L6B 1G3
In issues specifically related to Promotional Communications, we remind you that you can, at any time, directly unsubscribe through the “unsubscribe” link in any electronic promotional messages we send to you.
Information about Cookies
By continuing to use the LaDifference.ca website, you consent to our cookie settings and agree that you understand the terms of our cookies policy.
You can edit your preferences at any time by going to the “Managing your cookie preferences” section.
Managing your cookie preferences
You can easily disable and/or delete cookies from your computer, tablet or mobile phone by managing your browser settings. In order to manage cookies to best suit your needs, please bear in mind the purpose of cookies when setting your browser.
Please find below instructions about managing and disabling cookies, depending on your browser:
Go to Tools menu, then Internet Options.
Click on Confidentiality, then click on Advanced.
In the Cookies window, select your preferences.
Click the Chrome menu, the upper right button.
Select Settings then click on Show advanced settings.
In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
Select your preferred option(s) in the Cookies section.
Go to Tools then Options menu.
Click on the Privacy settings.
Select Use custom settings for history.
Select your preferred option(s) on the Accept cookies from sites section.
Click on Safari, then Preferences.
Click on the Privacy tab.
Go to Block cookies and select your preferred option(s).